Ben Green -To Fall. Ben Green -To Fall.

argh

I like the concepts, but what is REALLY bugging me is that you have triplets playing over top a straight 4/4 beat. it's really clashing :/

Mixing seems pretty solid though. So kudos for that!

Chimy727 responds:

I figured someone would say that. haha.
im with you. its different but I thought id try it and see what people thought. I agree with you! It could work but I sorta flaunted it.
thanks a ton for the review! really appreciate it!
:D
and Im really glad to hear my mixing is good. thats honestly what this was about! I used to suck at it! check out my other track "Deep Down". Great melody. you may like it.
thanks again,
-Ben Green

Insanctuary - Mind Shovel Insanctuary - Mind Shovel

It's been too long <3

And things apparently are going well :D

The song has some interesting tones. It's as if you took a mysterious overtone, lined it with happy undertones, and then sprinkled in a subtle amount of regret. Very interesting blend, my friend.

Composition-wise, I think it could have been built upon; It ended kind of prematurely, before it had a chance to explore new ideas within itself. I highly suggest trying to add a bit more, you could go in so many directions from where you left off :D

Anyway, glad I noticed you on the submissions board, I havn't heard your stuff in a while :D

Insanctuary responds:

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Thankyou for the review! I will check some of your newer works soon, and have a nice day! :D

-Clouds- -Clouds-

You know...

This made my day. Never stop making happy music, God knows we need more of it :D

Norato - Up *preview* Norato - Up *preview*

Hmm. Needs work.

Good chord progression, but everything else could use a little love.

First and most noticably, your chords eat everything else up in the mix. And they're clipping like crazy it sounds like. Definitely EQ that *more*. Also throwing a limiter or a soft clipper on its mixer channel would help with clipping. As is, it's drowning out the percussion. Now that I think about it, it feels like the percussion in general could really use some more compression.

Next I think you might want to add some stereo seperation to the synth, maybe some reverb too, to widen the sound a bit. Or you could simply just pan different notes in the chord. Anything would help, it's very 'mono' at the moment.

And lastly, some ambient sounds or melodies laid over the mix couldn't hurt. House songs are generally repetitive, so you'll need something to keep the listener's attention, besides simply having the basic chord progression of the song and a four on the floor drum beat. Just switch it up and keep introducing new elements to make it that much more interesting.

Keep it up
-Orange

Norato responds:

1) this is preview = 10% of full song, I remade it a lot since I release that preview
2) full song will be soon on youtube on

www.youtube.com/djnoratos

3) the final song have 3 pads, 2 leads ( off and main ), beats (perc,kick, etc...) and it sound really nice.
4) I agree with that House songs are really repetitive but with gendre isnt?

RAGE! - short RAGE! - short

... <3

You're easily one of my top 5 NG Artists. Most of your stuff may be pretty short, but you've got so much diversity! And all of it kicks ass!

Cheers!

Schicksal Besiegelt Growth Schicksal Besiegelt Growth

You know...

There's no drop lol. As is, i'd definitely put this under Ambient if I were you.

Pretty decent buildup you got here though :D. Nice use of ambient sounds. That's a pretty unique kick as well, I enjoyed it. With some eerie piano I could see this turning into a horrifying song.

ganon95 responds:

Dubstep doesn't always have a drop. this is not pure dubstep either way

this is also by no means ambient

Sidechain Your Heart {durn} Sidechain Your Heart {durn}

You know,

Newgrounds should add a Nu Disco section. I've been trying it, you've been trying it, i'm sure it would blow up lol, it's getting pretty big :D

Anyway, awesome work. Destroyed my attempt by a longshot. I'da thrown this in Dance though, as this is rather dancey :D

durn responds:

Duuuuuude, I totally agree. If NG added a Nu-Disco genre I could finally be crowned king of something. ;) Hahah, ah, I'm full of myself. :p lol

Thanks for the top regards, Or4nges. I'm actually almost done a new track that will top this in regards of Disco quality as I just bought the Reason Disco School refill and it is fuckinG AWESOME! Oh man. Already done a track, I just need to write and record lyrics for it. Pretty stoked about it actually as it feels to me a culmination of my learning and progression in composition/production.

Lost In A World Of Colour Lost In A World Of Colour

Story of my life.

I'll set out to write some filthy dubstep and it turns into ambient piano.

... Or filthy dubstep. Regardless, interesting song. Nearly haunting melodies.

I think it could use a touch more mastering. A lot of the instruments sounded pretty raw, EQ em a bit *more*.

Also, percussion generally isn't that prominent in ambient music, but i'd recommend beefing up the kick just a tad, it's sounding pretty non-existant at the moment. And it doesn't match the intensity of the clap.

Other than that I enjoyed it. Cool atmosphere, interesting use of panning, well versed reverse effects; in short well done. Just work on making your sounds 'fit' together better.

Terrorwolfe responds:

Thank you. I will deffinately take your tips and master the song a bit more. Your input is greatly appreciated

W.H.Y.G. W.H.Y.G.

nfkdlfndkslfnsdl

This is seven notes, my friend. Note entirely sure what kind of feedback you could possibly be looking for with that :/

Atlas responds:

I'm sorry but I'm restricted to Fl Studio 9 & 10.

Spwee - Haste. Spwee - Haste.

FUCK YOU!

Is that a sample from that guy who yells at his cats? :O

Damn good drumstep. I love the slides in the intro/break melodies. They're tasty.

P.S. You melted my face. I'd like reimbursement.

Scratchmyballs responds:

Lmfao, Yeah I use him a lot.

I think he's going to be like my signature thing yo, just like Skrillex does with the cup girl or whatever.

I can try to reimburse your face, but I dunno how.

Thanks Urngez :D