NGHH'11 - MadFLeX vs Gasmasq NGHH'11 - MadFLeX vs Gasmasq

Madflex.

Better flow, harder punches, and he knows when to turn the heat up in his language.

And Life Goes On(Final Mix) And Life Goes On(Final Mix)

Hmm.

Alright let's see.

First of all, I like the idea for the lead, but I think it needs some reverb, and almost definitely some delay. It contrasts too heavily with the piano, which has alot of reverb. You also might wanna tinker with the chorus a bit? It sounds a little.. eh.. phasey. lol. Also, I think your bassline is a bit off, I heard some dissonance that sounded a bit out of place around the 1:30-2:00 mark.

Next your percussion. I think you should add a bit of sidechaining with the kick to give the track a bit more of a bouncey feel. It's really common these days, but it does add alot. Also helps the kick punch through the mix, which is essential in house and dance music. You might wanna try tinkering with the clap's EQ. It sounds too raw :P

At :34, I would try to introduce a new synth, or at least add something an octave or two higher above it. There's no transfer of energy; no build up.

-On that note, you should add some crash cymbals at the beginning of each segment, and some reverse effects before hand. That prepares the listener for a transition. Kind of a heads-up, and really helps with a songs flow.

This probably sounds kind of negative, but I figure advice is more helpful than "it was good" :P

You've got great melodies, the song structure is there, you've just got to work on adding more effects, more synths, get the percussion to cut through the mix, and possibly beef up the bass a bit. The low ends are really important in dance music nowadays. The bassier the better.

Keep it up, man.

OneEighteen responds:

Haha thanks. You're the first person to give me legit ideas on how to make things better on Newgrounds in... well.. Probably ever. I'll look into working on that stuff. I'm not particularly good at the EQ'ing and transitioning part of production yet, but I'll work on it. Thanks. :)

[Genesis] [Genesis]

Hmm

I know you're kind of showcasing the synth at the beginning, but I think it needs bass. Try EQing out the low ends and adding a sub bass? Or just a regular square type bass thing if that's what tickles your fancy. Either way, it definitely needs something.

:28 Needs work, I literally thought the song restarted lol. Maybe introduce another sound as well after the filtering?

Also, for your transitions, try using some cymbals or some effects. All the meat and potatoes are there, it just feels like the song could do a better job getting from one section to another.

P.S; Really enjoyed the synth at 2:30.

My last little suggestion is have your melodies vary a little more? They're all good, but they're all a little basic/generic as well. Add some triplets here, some nuances there, maybe a slide for good measure. Anything to break monotony and/or keep the listener glued to their seat.

Regardless, really liked it. Nice and punchy, with good energy.

Keep it up man!

halfdeadorfull responds:

Thanks so much! This is perhaps the most comprehensive review I've ever gotten on any track before! And it actually is stuff I can improve upon, not just a simple comment like "that's good", or "i liked it". Thank you so much for the feedback! It means so much to get great feedback like this! (: Thank you!

Xkore - Moar Unfinished Lololo Xkore - Moar Unfinished Lololo

Haha

I'm in the same position lol. I can come up with a new idea in like 5 minutes, it's finishing the entire song that's hard for me D: That's why most of my stuff is so short.

Anyway, Favorites were: 2:35, 3:25(needs less bass if you could believe it Lol.)
3:56(I like your slower more meaningful songs.) 4:33 could use work, but I liked it alot. Also, 6:50 was noice. I like the idea of mixing house and dubstep. DOO ITT :D

If nothing else, I say do the one at 6:50.

P.S. You like that starwars sample don't you. Haha.

iNfliktioN - Battlefront iNfliktioN - Battlefront

WTF JUST HAPPENED

Jesus, that drop was brutal.

You sir have tigerblood, and are indeed winning.

Mary Jane. Mary Jane.

Hmm.

Kick needs more compression, and you need to add some delay and/or reverd to the lead. It feels kinda of empty as is. Or you could add like random little arpeggios in the background. Definitely could use some hihats as well. Either way, it needs more nuances and whatnot. You've got a good framework, now just add the icing on the cake.

P.S. Sounds Flux Pavillion-ey.

My First AND Last Dubstep My First AND Last Dubstep

LOL.

I just realized this is 8 seconds long after listening to it 20 times.

NGHH'11 - glitchs2d vs MadFLeX NGHH'11 - glitchs2d vs MadFLeX

Madflex.

Madflex destroyed with the last verse. His arguments were intelligent and creative, where glitch's were generic.

Norato - Plucked Norato - Plucked

Pompus?

If you don't care what we think why post it on newgrounds? And furthermore, why the insults? These people could be great help to you; take their advice, and use it to improve, because frankly, you're far from perfect.

Norato responds:

xD I upload song to newground to more people hear it, my officialy chanel is on youtube. AND ! IF YOU LISTEN TO OTHERS ADVICE YOU´LL LOST !YOUR! STLYE and become just some idiot which do only that what people want > slave

Dubstep Bass Trial Dubstep Bass Trial

Hmm

The separation of the highs on the left and the lows on the right kind of bugged me, but this is still rather snazzy. Can I ask how you did it?

Also, you should use better drum samples, those were god awful :P

ConsciousAutomation responds:

Yeaah. I need to find some better drum samples. Unfortunately, FLS is got rid of some of the better loops it had (Like DL_Breaks. Awesome to slice up and rearrange).

Basically, how its done is by creating your own sound wave on the OSC option on Op 1, then utilize the 3 filters to modulate the cutoff of the LFO (I use the standard triangle pattern, take off global setting, then increase the speed). Utilize the wave shaper to create distortion. Add in some other wave files (like sine, square, saw), tweak it, and you're done.

Thanks for the review!