-=Changes=- -=Changes=-

Calming

However, the delay on the guitar was too strong. Turn down the feedback a little, it's creating a lot of dissonance that kind of ruins the song :/

If you tweak that, it'll be awesome. Really short, but a good start to a great song.

death-is-forever responds:

Thanks for the advice, I was trying to get that atmospheric effect... guess it didn't quite work. :p

Thanks again, maybe I'll expand on this soon, check back sometime.

grooveT3K - Venusian Trip grooveT3K - Venusian Trip

Kick up that bass!

It's missing that extra something. That thing that makes a track feel as though it's a living, breathing thing. The most obvious of which being that even with my bass boosting headphones, there's barely any lower-mid frequencies.

I also felt the drums could use some EQing, the didn't sit right in the mix, and felt out of place.

Other than that, I liked the melodies, and the rhthym was also good.

Keep at it :)

grooveT3K responds:

Thanks for your review mate and im pleased you enjoyed my track!

I agree with the drums I could have done a better job on a couple of the hits I got in there but I got a little bit rushed and wanted the track up for Australia day! lol

As for the lack of bass, I have a 2.1ch set in my studio and theres plenty of bass kicking, I also like to review them on my theatre setup which has Jenson dual 10" subs and they kick pretty hard. I do sometimes mix with my Pioneer HDJ-1000 heaphones (when ppl are sleeping lol) which I use for Dj'ing and they are really good for bass but still aernt that responsive for real low frequencys which this track mainly has, I did have a set of Senheisen audiophile headphones and they were a real studio set but still lacked in the low frequencys, the only set of head phones ive ever used that actually had impressive bass reproduction were the ones Dr Dre relesed, my mate had some and they were bassy! What sort of head phones you using?

Thanks again mate ;)

-Naive Again- -Naive Again-

I don't understand..

How your songs can just ooze joy.

I have to go wash my hands.

Insanctuary - A Decision Insanctuary - A Decision

Piano-ey

Extremely ambient, this would make great background music for night time walks.

Can I suggest something? I think that if you added recordings of traffic, or like the inside of a coffee shop at 1:11 it would create an amazing effect. As is it feels kind of.. empty. The melodies are solid and whatnot otherwise.

I'd also recommend a very sparing use of some form of percussion around 1:11 as well. I get the airy feel you're going for, but I feel it needs just that little extra something to be really excellent.

I'd also suggest playing around with the velocity of each note (Or make it more noticeable if you're already doing that) to make it sound more human. All the notes are the exact volume, and some of the notes (such as the low part at 1:22ish are kind of harsh. Maybe add an LP filter to soften the strokes a bit?

Just a few ideas :) Excellent as usual. Not your best, but still unique.

Insanctuary responds:

Actually, you won't believe it but, all of those piano keys have their own velocity.. Lol! Also, read the story of this song. This is not about walking when I wrote it. I left it all up to you guys to interpret it yourselves. Percussion, and other sounds would've made interpreting less divided. Where it will be limited. I made this song specifically for a simple world, that means alot when you interpret it. Shoudl read some of the reviews below you. Those guys have some really good visuals. I do knwo what you are getting at, and my other songs will feature more depth. Do not worry. :P I know it not my best guys. Rofl. Thanks for the review orange :D good day to you. ^^

Life [EH] wip Life [EH] wip

Mau5 in the hau5?

I feel that once the kick comes in the synth needs more.. bite. It's too soft. Reverby and the like.v That was a nice transition though.

Also i'd beef up the kick. I rather enjoy progressive house that I can feel pounding my eardrums :)

It is rather deadmau5-ey though. Almost too much so lol.

7 because there's not much here. :/

---The Evil Computer--- ---The Evil Computer---

Phatty Bass is Phatty.

Mmm I like the part with the bass. Oh wait that's all of it!

Good stuff :D You've managed to get the exact dubstep bass sounds that elude me so.

Acid-Notation responds:

errr dubstep? this definitely isn't dubstep...

~Alfa~ Craze (WIP) ~Alfa~ Craze (WIP)

That's all 3xosc?

I believe it, never underestimate the power of that little guy.

I love it. Everything sounds very "full" and on top of that it's very well planned out. I would love to see the .flp if possible. I wouldn't dream of stealing anything, but i'd really like to pick it apart and see what you're doing.

When you said 'too many automations' I was worried it was gonna sound funky, but all the distortion and all of the filters really work. If it was longer i'd try to give you a bit more criticism in the composition department, but there's not really much for me to go by :/

9/10 because you didn't finish it. Can't wait to hear the full thing!

(Wow I listened to this while typing and I didn't even notice it was looping :O)

aliaspharow responds:

Thanks mate!

+- Exact Change -+ +- Exact Change -+

.... :/

Everything was EXTREMELY well put together.. except for the singing. The autotuning was obscure, and the flow wasn't very good. I liked the lyrics, but you may want to consider having another vocalist.

Another reason I marked gave it an 8 is befause I feel this chord progression is really over-used in trance. To the point where every time I hear a song using it, I feel like i've heard it before. Be more creative! Break out of the box :D

Lost on lsd Lost on lsd

Oblige.

I like the intro.

Then it goes kinda bleh. You have alot of unnecessary dissonance, making it kind of unpleasant to listen to. Also the chord progression is.. interesting. Try to build the other instruments off of the music box starting at :41. It seems to be the most solid instrument you've got.

Unless the dissonance was what you were going for, you should really try to make sure the song is in tune with itself.

wubstep wemo wubstep wemo

Kinda.

The filter needs to cover the deeper frequencies too.